Investing in your child's education is one of the most significant gifts you can provide. We believe every child deserves the highest quality learning environment and we have worked to keep tuition as low as possible to ensure a diverse and inclusive school community.
Above and Beyond A Traditional School Experience
City Kids School offers a range of benefits which are included in tuition:
1) Individualized Learning Plan for every student. In traditional schools, every child learns the same thing at the same time. At City Kids our teachers work intimately with every family and student to create a learning plan that is challenging and in-line with each child's development and interests.
2) Field trip and field studies costs include: theater tickets, concert tickets, sailing lessons, art workshops, museum exhibits, culinary arts tours and classes, nature experiences, math circles, weekly swimming... and the list continues! These workshops and classes are built into every student's curriculum.
3) City Kids field trip and field studies transportation costs are included in tuition. City Kids students travel up to four times a week in our school vans and using public transportation. The costs of travel are extensive but imperative to experiential learning.
4) Vegetarian and organic breakfasts, lunches, and snacks are included in tuition and cooked by a culinary expert on school grounds. Weekly cooking classes are also included in tuition and given by City Kids chefs and guest chefs in Los Angeles.
5) Before and after school care is included in your annual tuition.
6) School materials are included in school tuition. City kids provides all books, technology, art supplies, writing materials, paper, etc. for each student.
City Kids is open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM for both Preschool and Elementary programs. We do offer part-time schedules for the Elementary program. Our part time Elementary schedule was developed to support home school, study abroad, and tuition assistance families.
*City Kids is open year-round-- there is no summer break period! As a global education school, students start traveling nationally in fourth grade and by High School will travel up to two months internationally. Our school schedule supports these programs and exceptional learning experiences.
Full Time Schedule: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM M-F
Tuition is based upon a 1-year cycle, broken into 12 monthly payments:
Infant (0 years - 23 months): $2,000 / month ($24,000 a year)
Toddler (2 years – 3 1/2 years): $1950 / month ($23,400 a year) (includes breakfast, lunch and one snack period)
Pre School (3 1/2 years – 5 years):
Full Time: $1,950 / month ($23,400 a year) (includes breakfast, lunch and one snack period)
Part Time - (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays): $1,450 / month
Part Time - (Tuesdays, Thursdays): $1,100 / month
Elementary (5 years & Up)
Full Time: $34,800 / year (includes breakfast, lunch and one snack period)
1) There is no registration fee, but there is a $35 Application fee which is applied to the first month's tuition if your child is accepted into the school.
2) A security deposit equivalent to one-month's tuition is due upon enrollment.
3) Tuition is due on the first day of each month.
4) Monthly tuition cannot be discounted for sick, holiday, or vacation days.
5) Tuition includes field trips and Field Studies (Elementary) programs.
6) Extracurricular activities are not included in tuition rates and vary per program.
Upon accepting enrollment into City Kids, parents are required to submit a Security Deposit for one month's tuition. The Security Deposit is entirely refundable, except in the situation where:
Parents use their Security Deposit to pay for the last month of tuition (30-day notice)
Parents have forfeited their child's enrollment at City Kids from non-payment
Tuition is due in full at the beginning of each month (1st of each month). There is a grace period of five (5) days after the 1st of the month that parents may send payment without any penalty applied. After five days, a $50.00 penalty fee will be applied. After 15 days of non-payment, parents forfeit their child's position at City Kids, and the Security Deposit will be used for payment of the last month.
Our goal is to include as much as possible into the tuition rate to avoid nickle-and-diming families for every service and program available. Yet, there are several additional fees which simply cover the expense of the service or product offered:
Supplies Fee. This is an annual fee of $70 to cover the cost of field trip T-shirts (2).
Tour Fee. A non-refundable fee of $25 for parents to attend a tour of a City Kids facility (limit 2 adults per tour). The Tour Fee is applied to the first month of tuition upon enrollment into City Kids.
Application Fee. The cost for applying at City Kids LA is $35 which is applied to the first month of tuition upon enrollment into City Kids (*this payment does not guarantee enrollment).
Extracurricular Activities. Throughout the year, there are numerous voluntary programs for your child to participate. Each extracurricular activity can be purchased separately and is typically priced at about $10 per class.
Our goal is to build a foundation to serve families from a diverse socio-economic background.
While we are actively working to continuously grow our Tuition Assistance program, we do provide some assistance based upon financial hardship.
To submit a request for Tuition Assistance, we ask families to register through our FAST program which is used to determine specific financial needs for each family. The FAST system is very user-friendly and easy to navigate, though the application process itself can take up to 45 minutes to complete and requires previous tax documentation for your household. There is a one-time application fee of $45 (per school year). *Completing the application does not guarantee qualification for Tuition Assistance.
Please contact the admissions office for more information on applying for Tuition Assistance through FAST:
Admission Due Date
We accept applications year-round.
Preschool and Elementary | Daily 8AM-6PM | 323.447.5437